This delightful small royal burgh on the north shore of the Forth provides a striking introduction to Scottish domestic life in the 16th and 17th centuries.
This small royal burgh on the north shore of the Forth provides a striking introduction to Scottish domestic life in the 16th and 17th centuries. Culross was then a thriving community with a flourishing trade with other Forth ports and the Low Countries.The Palace was built between 1597 and 1611 for the then laird Sir George Bruce and has beautiful painted ceilings. A model 17th-century garden, with raised beds, a covered walkway, a flowery mead and hurdle fencing has been built to the rear of the Palace. It contains a variety of unusual vegetables, herbs and perennials, all available in 1600. The Town House and The Study are also open to the public. Visitor reception and exhibition in the Town House. Tearoom.
Contact and Information
See website for opening times.